Chicks arrived TODAY!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by audioguy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. audioguy

audioguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Branchburg, NJ
    Got the call from the post office this afternoon that our chicks had arrived. YEAH!!!![​IMG]

Picked them up and all is well.
    I ordered 4 easter eggers and it looks like I got 3. Not sure what the 4th one is. Does anyone know what the brown one is in the picture??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They look healthy, eating and drinking and of course pooping. No pasty arse!

2. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Your fourth chick is an EE. One of the EE's that I ordered looked just like your brown chick. Where did you order from? Your chicks are beautiful! [​IMG]

3. djwest8635

djwest8635 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    That other one could still be a Americauna. They come in all different colors. We have 6 of them and a few of them looked like chipmunks, but we had a dark one or two as well. Only time will tell if they will lay a blue egg.

4. audioguy

audioguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Branchburg, NJ
    Ordered them online from mypetchicken.com. They have a minimum of 3 but I had to get 4 due to my location from the hatchery. They look to be pretty robust and even my dog is cool with them.

Thanks for the ID on the chick. Did not know they could look so different.

Now I get started on the coop! I have 4 to 5 weeks, all while building a deck for my pool. Its going to be one crazy month of May!

5. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    i'm a newbie, but i agree that they are all EE's! So Cute!! I have 7 EE's and some look like the chipmunk coloring, and brown, and I even some some cream and light brown looking ones. CONGRATS!! [​IMG]

6. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    One of my EE looked just like that as a chick. Now she is a pretty girl. She is colored up like a sparrow.

Aren't Easter eggers and americanas the same thing?

Pretty babies!

7. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:i'm a newbie but if i understand correctly, u can only get ameracaunas from a breeder, and EE's are sort of like an off breed of them. HHopefully someone with more knowledge will b able to answer u better. [​IMG]

8. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    No hatchery sells Ameraucana... They do, however, advertise them as them. Ameraucana is a rare breed, and the EE are basically mutts that lay green/blue eggs depending on what breed the initial cross was made with..

9. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
  10. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Yep still an easter egger. They have all differentkinds of designs. I have one (feathered freeloader at 19 weeks and still not laying) that is completely white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by