Chicks at the Post Office?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by UrbanPolish, Apr 14, 2009.

1. UrbanPolish

UrbanPolish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    My Gray Japanese and Blue Mille Fleur d'Uccles should arrive tomorrow or Thursday, [​IMG], which is exciting, only I've suddenly found out that I may not be able to get them from the post office until around 3:30 PM tomorrow, if they arrive before then. Thursday is no problem, but tomorrow has me a little worried. Tomorrow would be a day early, so maybe they won't starve... They should still have yolk.

Will they be ok if they come tomorrow until I can get them? Is it likely they will even be at the post office before 3:30? Or should I be working overtime to find a way to get them home and in the brooder (which I'm trying to do anyways)?

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    sometime I get a call from the PO at 1 am to get my chicks, did you tell your PO that you have chicks comming so if they come in they can call you right a way. or they have somewere to keep them till you can go get them.

3. UrbanPolish

Apr 14, 2009
    Wow, 1 am? At least I'd be at home... lol. I didn't call them, but I will first thing in the morning.

I'd love for them to come tomorrow, but Thursday fits better [​IMG]

4. my post office usually calls around 9 am to let me know i have a package.If postal service dont call you in morning i would call them. [​IMG]

I would sure try to get them if they come in tomarrow , or maybe a friend or relative could pick them up for you .

Hope all goes well.

5. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I've got it set up with the PO to call the minute they come in no matter what time it is, I'd rather have them at home instead of sitting at the PO. I will say though my PO treats chicks very well.

6. UrbanPolish

Apr 14, 2009
    Thanks for the replies, guys [​IMG]

I'll be up kinda early in the morning, but I'll be sure to call the post office.

7. kidd42

kidd42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Our chicks were due on a Monday delivery to our local post office. I had a feeling they would arrive early, so I got the brooder set up on that Saturday. At 7 am Sunday morning the main post office in Stockton called to tell me they had our chicks, we could drive the 35 miles to get them or they would be at our local post office the next day. We jumped in the truck and drove done and got the itty biddies on Sunday. Put our minds at ease to have them home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by