1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks at Tractor Supply

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JoieD, Mar 25, 2012.

1. JoieD

JoieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    Marysville, Ohio
    Okay, I'm new to this chicken business. Got my chicks from a hatchery last September. They are all well and I see why everyone is so crazy about them. They give me a lot of laughs, a lot of joy and are completly spoiled..
    That said...I was at the farm store in Marysville,Ohio today (Yes I'm naming names) and there was a chick with pasty butt that was obviously having a hard time. Another customer and I spoke to the clerk and told her if something wasn't done the chick would die. She said nothing, just walked away. When I went to check out I told the cashier the same thing and she just said "Ah, Poor Thing" There was another chick in a trough by itself with a nasty injury to it's rump,pecked maybe, with flies buzzing around it. As far as I am concerned this is abuse. What can I do? Is it because they are just livestock to them that they treat them so badly? Anyone have an experience like this and what did you do?

2. scorwin

scorwin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    I would've asked to talk to the manager and let him know if nothing was done, you were going to get PITA involved!! I'm sure they wouldn't want that!

3. BA CHICK CHICK

BA CHICK CHICK Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Fredericksburg Va
    I like to get my chicks from locals to garuntee healthy and happiness

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by