Chicks - Barnyard Mix - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ethingtonart, May 4, 2011.

1. ethingtonart

ethingtonart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    indianapolis
    I have 9 chicks for sale that were hatched right around Easter, for $1.25 each. The chicks are straight run and all have had a Marek's vaccination.

Breed mixes are Easter Egger (ameraucana), Dekalb Amberlink, Black Australorp, and Speckled Sussex. Parent chickens are on site if you want to see them, and I can give you an educated guess about which breed mix each chick is. All are pretty good laying breeds.

Pick up only please.

Feel free to PM me with questions, and please respond to this post or PM me to buy, unless you want all of them. Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. nikailr

nikailr New Egg

May 11, 2011
    Hi,

I am interested in the Black Australorp or the Speckled Sussex. I want to buy 2 pullets for my first time backyard chickens. I live in the Indianapolis area. Do you have 2 girls? My email is [email protected]. I will be out of town next week, but could pick them up this week or when i get back (May 21).
    Thanks
    Nikki

3. ethingtonart

ethingtonart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    indianapolis
    Hi Nikki, yeah I am sure we could find two girls for you. They are mixed breed chicks though. The Australorp (that I think is a girl) I can't figure out who her daddy is, she looks just like an Australorp. [​IMG]

I have a couple of Buff Orpington/Easter Egger mixes, but I can't pick out which were the Sussex mixes. I do have an older chick that is a Sussex that I received from my next door neighbor though if you are really sold on that breed. I feel I should warn you though that my Sussexs are trouble makers! They are escape artists and they think every freckle on my legs must be something good to eat. Ouch

When you come to pick them out though I will try to help you pick out some girls. I have 10 to choose from, although at last two of them are definitely boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by