Chicks big adventure

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CHICKENCHASERWV, Mar 19, 2009.

1. CHICKENCHASERWV

CHICKENCHASERWV Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    A day in the life of 3 week old chicks.
    Today is Wednesday and we are 3 1/2 weeks old and today was our first day outside and to see the sun shine. Our owner who we love very much and who is way to good to us took us out to our new run today. It took us about half an hour to get brave enough to leave the brooder but once we did it was great. There were new smells, dirt, grass and these huge chickens that were in there with us. Our owner called three of them ducks and a goose what ever they were supposed to be? But that goose thing kept making a funny noise and comming close and flapping his wings. So I am sure it was a chicken like us just on steroids. We played out side all afternoon and he even brought our water and food to us. That White Rock hen even found a worm, but she wouldn't share oh well thats why we call her snow white[such a premadonna]. She just carried around showing it off. Then we had to go into the brooder again because it was getting cold and dark outside. That is when Goldie Locks got out of the run and this big black thing he called a dog [ looked more like a dinosaur ] took Goldie off in his mouth and our loving, wonderful owner took off after the dog and brought Goldie back safe and sound but boy did that dog thing get in trouble I hope I never am that bad. So we are all safe and sound under our heat light YAWN I am tired so I will sign off today May God Bless You All BAAWWWKK.

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    LOVE it! Mine are 3 weeks and 2 days, they will enjoy seeing your diary! Now, which chick are you?

3. CHICKENCHASERWV

CHICKENCHASERWV Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2009
    Why I would think that is odvious. I am the Light Brahma of course. I am my owners favorite with my feathered feet and the way he holds me takes me for walks. They call me Princess, after all this is my diary!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by