Chicks bought at TSC, Please help with breed and gender! PICS INSIDE!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marcumbackyardfarms, Mar 14, 2011.

1. marcumbackyardfarms

marcumbackyardfarms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2011
    Russellville
    We bought 4 chicks recently at TSC. They told us they came from Privett Hatchery.

Chick #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nursecat9

nursecat9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I'm not an expert, but I'd say 1 and 4 are golden laced wyandottes with 1 being a roo. 2 and 3 look like my speckled sussex pullets.

3. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    I'd say Easter Egger, they look a lot like my two week old EE pullet, but they could also be GLW. I agree about #2 looking sort of like a Speckled Sussex. Easter Egger seems more likely, though, because if they were all in the same bin they should all be the same breed and it seems like every Easter Egger looks different. I'm not an expert either, though [​IMG]

4. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    They do look like glw.

by the way, is that a vintage Iron Maiden tee you're wearing?

5. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was thinking EE too, but then it could be a GLw like you said also. Anyway those are what my EEs looked like. I loved mine so much. (Loved because something got them in the coop [​IMG])

6. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    what was the bin(s) labeled that you got these little peepers out of?

here is my opinion:
    #1- GLW (but my first thought was golden seabright if it's a bantam)
    #2-either red sexlink or RIR
    #3-same as #2
    #4-definitely GLW for sure

I didn't notice any muffs or beard on any, so I wouldn't say they any are EE. but only time will tell

7. marcumbackyardfarms

marcumbackyardfarms Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2011
    Russellville
    Quote:lol, no it's from some concert they did overseas in Dubai a few years ago. ( I am 40 though so I was a teen in the 80's )

Quote:Just that they were pullets. I agree that number one and number four are probably GLW's. I was hoping for at least Speckled Sussex or Welsummer for two and three. I know that a lot of chipmunk chicks are often called EE's but we tried picking some with pink legs and no signs of muffs or beards. Even though I know they could still be an EE. We tried not to pick the obvious ones.

8. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    2 and 3 could be SS

I am not really familiar with the breed (when I ordered them last year they were on a delay due to weather so I got the glw instead)
    maybe someone else can help with them

9. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    They sure look a lot like my EE chicks [​IMG]

10. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Quote:lol, no it's from some concert they did overseas in Dubai a few years ago. ( I am 40 though so I was a teen in the 80's )

Quote:Just that they were pullets. I agree that number one and number four are probably GLW's. I was hoping for at least Speckled Sussex or Welsummer for two and three. I know that a lot of chipmunk chicks are often called EE's but we tried picking some with pink legs and no signs of muffs or beards. Even though I know they could still be an EE. We tried not to pick the obvious ones.

Please dont tell me you went to that concert.I am 40 as well and still dig Iron Maiden.Saw their last concert on tv.My youngest daughter and my wife liked it alot. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by