Chicks came today!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mangled, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my first post, and attempt at posting pictures so please bear with me. [​IMG]

My husband ordered us 30 chicks from Ideal, one of the weekly specials they were running of a Wyandotte mix.

We got 34 chicks today, and I was hoping some of you who are so good with breeds could tell maybe what they are from the pics. I know for sure that 30 of them are Wyandottes of some kind. The other 4 I am assuming are whatever they decided to throw in for warmth.

Forgive the picture size, they were taken with the cell phone camera.

Thanks!
    Em

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    they look great em, congratulations

3. mangled

Thanks.

These are our first baby chicks. Our other chickens we aquired full grown from a lady down the road who had to get rid of her flock due to divorce. [​IMG] Sad thing, that.

I've been set up for them for a week, lol.

Em

4. countryboy

Oct 31, 2007
  5. mangled

After checking some pictures on feathersite, I see that none of the Wyandotte chicks are pictured with black legs.

The chick in the second picture has black legs and pink feet. There are 5 like this.

Any ideas?

Thanks-
    Em

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:I had three chickens from a broken home once. Your chic pics are each cuter than the last!
    Welcome, and enjoy your chickies!

7. countryboy

Oct 31, 2007
    no, not that knowledgeable about them, try posting a wyandottes thread and see if you can get answers there. don't remeber who has them but some one could help

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the forum, and your babies are too cute. Good luck with them, they are so adorable.

9. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC
    The black one with white chest and black legs looks like one of my SLW when she was a baby.

10. SillyChick

SillyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Congratulations on the chicks! They are indeed very adorable and healthy. Oh and countryboy is right - your pics are nicely clear! I bet that's an N95! I also use a camera phone, but it's not very good and is quite blurry. Good luck and enjoy! I'm sure they'll grow happy and healthy.

Oh and welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask any questions about our feathery friends.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by