Chicks carring box.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by babyriver, Oct 25, 2009.

1. babyriver

babyriver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
  2. chicksrcool

chicksrcool Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    SoCal
    That is really cute...well it probably cost more in workmanship than you could get. Maybe $19.99?

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It sure is cute! But I personally wouldn't get a chance to use such a design because it is cool enough here almost year round to need to keep the wind off the chicks so a enclosed box would work best for me.

4. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    That is way cute! I'm a old hobby farm kid so I probably wouldn't buy it but I could see a newbie with small kids buying it. I looks like it could even be a butterfly house when not in chick use, snake, frogs or you name it. The nature coop. $19-$30. What is the size?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. babyriver

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
    Quote:12"wide x 20"long x 12" tall

6. babyriver

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
    It holds 2 OEGB with no problem. I use to go pick up birds or just to transport them

7. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    How much is a small dog carrier? Cost wise I mean because if I was transporting my hens I would buy that it is so cute versus using a carrier. You could market it to breeders who show their birds. I really could see it as a Nature Coop for kids though. The ones in the stores are so cheap and small.

8. babyriver

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
    Quote:I'm unemployed right know & bored .I could sale these for 22.50 and make alitte off it

9. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    That is DARLING!!!!!! I think $22.50 is a great price, especially since any small dog carrier (new) is about $35. I think the market for the bird-shower would be perfect! If I was showing my birds I would get that in a second! [​IMG]

10. SOchick

SOchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Cute! My FIL has one he made (not painted though) he uses for his cats, so it has several uses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by