Chicks come in at our TS on Wednesday.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jennym, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Jennym

Jennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Connecticut
    I work full time and will not be able to get there until 5:30 Wednesday night.[​IMG] I hope I'll still have my pickings of chicks that I want.
    I have a few questions: I purchased orange guard and DE for precautions.Has anyone used orange guard?
    I'm starting my chiks on Dumor chick starter feed. Seems like a good brand of feed. Any comments. It says you do not need additional vitamins or minerals. Wonder if I should still buy chick grit:rolleyes:or some extra vitamins and minerals.
    What about a wormguard?
    Please help this new mommy:eek:

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Our TSC is done with chicks for the year. Never even got a chance to even peek at them

3. flip9109

flip9109 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    st paul mn
    you don't need grit if all they are eating is the feed. I don't think you need to worry about worming untill they go outside. The DE is it food grade? If not it's toxic don't use it. If it is yay for you, It's hard to find with out ordering it. food grade DE sould take care of worming for you aswell as doing other good stuff. mix it with the feed. some kind of vitamine and electrolites in the water is a good idea too. never tried the orange blast.

4. Jennym

Apr 10, 2008
    Connecticut
    Yes, it's food grade DE.

Thanks for your input.

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Which one is it? The one in Griswold still didn't get theirs. Maybe tomorrow.

6. Jennym

Apr 10, 2008
    Connecticut
    I purchased from custom milling (food grade)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by