Chicks come in tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiffanya, Apr 4, 2011.

1. tiffanya

tiffanya Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I have four chicks coming in at the local feed store tomorrow! These include two breeds that I've never had, Barred Rock and Black Australorp. Any tips/input on these breeds? I've done some research but there's nothing like first hand experience.

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    I've only had my one Australorp chick and she's been on the flightier side. Otherwise, no different than raising any other chick.

Pease post pics when you get them!! [​IMG]

3. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Matilda (Australorp) and Beatrice (Barred Rock) are lovely ladies that I wouldn't trade for the world! They are among my favorites! You will enjoy these breeds. [​IMG]

4. Lynette

Lynette Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my first Australorp today, among others, but I already have a Barred Rock named Henrietta. She is a sweetheart. You will like yours.

5. tiffanya

tiffanya Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Chicks came in, including one extra! All are black so I think I have my EE picked out. Think I ended up with 1 EE, 2 BR and 2 Australorps. All are eating and drinking well! I'd add a picture but am not sure how to do it from my phone so will have to wait until tomorrow unless someone can tell me how.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by