Chicks coming on Monday!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by momto2, May 15, 2008.

1. momto2

momto2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I have 26 chicks coming on Monday. I've never had chickens but my 9 year old daughter and 11 year old son asked for some so I said WHY NOT!! Anything I should know a bout??

2. lisas

lisas Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2008
    Where ever you ordered your chicks from should have a sectin on chick care .If not go to mcmurry hatchery and look under chick care, they have a very good guide on how to recieve the chicks and care, also go to poultrey help .com and look for cheep and eady chick brooders.They are easy to make.I would split your chicks into at least 2 groups as they like to trample the smaller chicks.Did you have them innoculated? If not use a medicated chick feed. Good luck I have a shipment coming Monday also. If it is Mcmurrys and you have any problems they are really good to work with you. Good luck Lisa S.[​IMG]

3. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Yes they are from Mcmurray's. So you think I should seperate the chicks into two groups? Will I have any problems reintroducing them and when should I do so? Thanks for your help, this site is a life saver!!!

4. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Just so you know, Your chicks may arrive on Sunday. They state during check out that they can arrive Sunday through Tuesday. I am in Maine, so I figured it would be on Monday- wrong- I got a call at 12:40pm Sunday to come to the postal distribution center to get my birds!

Best of luck with your babies!

5. momto2

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    thanks MaineChickens for the heads up I will make sure everything is ready for Sunday. Your dogs are beautiful!! I used to have two black shepherds myself!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by