Chicks coming soon!

PolishAllTheWay

Songster
Dec 13, 2020
I have some chicks on the way from a cute broody hen named “Crazy” she is in a small enclosed area, she has 13 eggs under her and I don’t want her to be crammed in the pen with her chicks, I have a bigger coop that I can put them in, but the coop has some holes that chicks can get through. Chicks have gotten through them in the past, the holes aren’t easy to fix either. I don’t wanna lose chicks, so I’m trying to figure out the best option for the mama hen and her chicks. She is due pretty soon. I’ll post pics when hatched!

If the chicks can get out, predators like rats and weasels can get in.
Ya, but our dog keeps them out of the yard. We don’t have any weasels that come around, we used to have one, but it left a few years ago. The coop is off the ground, and the rats prefer our bigger coop anyways, I haven’t had a problem with rats with the smaller coop for the chicks.

I have some chicks on the way from a cute broody hen named “Crazy” she is in a small enclosed area, she has 13 eggs under her and I don’t want her to be crammed in the pen with her chicks, I have a bigger coop that I can put them in, but the coop has some holes that chicks can get through. Chicks have gotten through them in the past, the holes aren’t easy to fix either. I don’t wanna lose chicks, so I’m trying to figure out the best option for the mama hen and her chicks. She is due pretty soon. I’ll post pics when hatched!
Patch those holes now as you have time.

Back
Top Bottom