Chicks doing well for this newbie!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by csummer8882, Apr 26, 2011.

1. csummer8882

csummer8882 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    I wanted to post a few pics but can't for the life of me figure out how to! LOL They seem to be very happy, cheep excitedly when we come see them, love for us to pick them up, one of them loves my son already. Loves to hop on his knee while he is sitting with them. So stinkin cute! [​IMG] Thanks for all the advice and help! Now to figure out the picture thing and I will be all set.......

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and congratulations on your new chicks!

New members can't post pics right away because we have had spammers in the past. Keep participating in the forum and you will be able to get those cute pics up soon. [​IMG]

3. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
  4. csummer8882

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    Thank you very much! I hope I will get to post some soon then! They will make their first trip outside tomorrow for a few minutes I think. It will be 75* here tomorrow and I think they will love it. They are about a week old already. I see alot of posts about yogurt and treats.....do we give them that stuff now or no? I heard about bread but never yogurt and scrambled eggs LOL

5. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I don't like to treat mine until they are around 4 weeks old. Once you start giving treats (other than very soft foods), you will have to provide chick grit or a dish of sand. I do give yogurt and crumbled egg yolk to chicks if they seem weak or overly sleepy.

6. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    It is great to hear the chicks are doing well. Aren't they just plain fun?

7. csummer8882

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    They are GREAT! They get very vocal when they are out with us, like they are talking. The more we talk, the more they talk back. If we go quiet, they go quiet. This is our first time ever having chickens so we were nervous but are getting along nicely. [​IMG] Thank you all for your help and advice! We appreciate it immensely!

8. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    Hearing you talk about your experience gets me excited for ours! It will be our first time as well. I hope it goes as well as yours has been going! It sounds like such a fun adventure. Continued good luck to you! [​IMG]

9. csummer8882

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    I just looked in and checked for pasty butt and a few are getting tail feathers!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! So excited! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by