chicks ducklings and turkey babies...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jarvis, Jun 17, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    are they going to get along while they are little .. ? they arer the same age in general .. about the same size .. and i dont want to have seperate cages for them while im keeping them inside .. they will have their own area outside while they are bigger .. but .. for now .. should they get along ?? there just a couple weeks old .. 4 chicks 4 ducks 3 turkeys plenty of space to avoid each other ..

they seem fine together so far .. but am i gunna run into major problems soon ??

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    My chicks and turkeys got along fine. In fact I separated them and the turkeys are sad. But now that they are older the turkeys get bossy

3. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    From my experience, they will get along fine since abby animals do not seem to notice if they are different - I have not seen ducks, turkeys and chickens all together but have seen kittens and chicks together from a very young age that seemed to all think they were the same. If they are the same size, I would not worry. for now...

4. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    ok [​IMG] thanks everyone .. i planed on seperating them when they get bigger .. since the ducks are
    going to get sent outside way sooner than the chicks and turkeys .. lol .. at least the two couple week old ones are .. the new hatched ones will be a couple weeks after the older two ducks are sooooo messy lol.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by