Chicks due to hatch tomorrow or tuesday..... ooooohhh I cant wait.....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by teresa-78, Jul 18, 2010.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Im soooo excited... first ever time I have allowed my hen to sit.... fingers crossed they hatch, she is on 4 eggs..... and im sooo sooo sooo excited [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Come on Momma...hatch them babies [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    yey come on momma [​IMG] ...... just checked and nothing so far.... im shaking with the excitement [​IMG]

4. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Tell a lie I have just had a closer look while momma was out eating and I have a pip in one egg, rather large and all, so I should have a baby chick when I get home from work
    yey im so happy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    yey 1 little black and white chick so far... lovely and healthy.... other 3 eggs hidden so unsure of their status... I soooo dont want to go work today lol

6. krobin04

krobin04 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    Lincoln County
    I am very excited for you. We have 8 little ones 1 1/2 wks old now, and this is the sweetest experience- next to my own little chicks, of course... We took our 1 hen on vacation with us when we saw her eggs were pipped. She was fine and they were fine. We missed the other three chicks hatching, though, and they are afraid of us, while the five we had with us are trusting, as well as momma. Praying all goes well.

7. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Still only 1 chick, 3 more eggs to go but no sign and its day 22.... dont think anymore will appear as there is not even an attempt to hatch, no noise or movement... oh well an excuse to hatch some more [​IMG] and the one I have is so darn cute, will post a pic as soon as I can [​IMG]

8. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Aw! Pictures pictures! My hen went broody for the first time this year! It was sad though. A snake got in and ate most of the eggs and killed her [​IMG] (She was garding her eggs... or should I say, his food) When we went to get her body, to our surprise we found to chicks!! They were allive and well! One in the laying box and one out and about with the other full-grown chickens! I love them to death and hope that they will be broody sometime next year [​IMG] Here are the pictures I took three days after we found them :
    1. Coral Rose. She is the one in the fron. She looks EXCACTLY like her dead mother... it's kinda scary [​IMG] She is fancy like her daddy [​IMG]
    2. Wafers. She isn't the hens chick, but a different hens. She is fancy like her daddy [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aren't they addorible! Now they are a LOT bigger :
    [​IMG] - Wafers
    [​IMG] - Coral Rose
    But I still love them!

9. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Still only one chick, broody kicked an egg out this morning, which I found after work, stone cold... so my partner checked to see if it was fertile
    when he got home from work... and sadly there was a dead fully formed chick, it had a slight greenish mucus on it, which I gather must have been
    an infection or something... fingers crossed for the other 2 eggs she is still sitting on, but I hold out very little hope [​IMG]

On a brighter note here is the loveky chick that did hatch on monday night.... she/he is orbington x something as the lady I got the eggs off was not sure of the
    other breed, I think its warren but could be wrong......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Louieandthecrew im sorry about your loss [​IMG], im in England and we rarely see snakes, your chicks are adourable [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by