chicks dyeing

loupan

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
newzealand
Hi i was just wondering is it common for chicks to die after day 15 of incubation or is it less likely i have been trying to google to find out more info just burious realy but have had no success mine are ok i hope ! im on day 17 no movement but thats normal i am told

It happens. All you can do is make sure your conditions are correct and the rest is up to the chicks. Good luck!

I have the same problem, some of mine even die on day 20, I hear them cheeping, and the never pip the egg or hatch and when I break them open they are fully developed and Dead. I dont know what I am doing wrong when it gets to that point, but I have had about 10 die on me that late in the incubator

sad.png
oh no thats so scary my only egg left out of 6 is now on day 17 so getting ready for lockdown i did one last candle yesterday and i still see a good airsac and very faint veining above the black mass which i assume is the chick very close to the airsac but absolutly no movement at all and there is no smell or anything so im just praying its still alive this is my first time ever to try and hatch so i will be soooooooo disapointed
smile.png
but im convinced its not alive dont know why just got a feeling i hope its just my nerves taking over !! its going to be a long few days no more peeking just got to wait

You may not see them move, but if your humidity was too high during incubation the chicks could be drowning when they pip the air sack. During incubation I don't let my humidity get above 40% and most of the time it is around 35%. I have chicks pipping right now. If the humidity is to high during incubation, condensation builds up in the air sack, and when the eggs go into lockdown and the chick pips the air sack it drowns from the moisture in it.

I have been trying to keep my humidity under 40 at one point it did get to about 50 becouse someone said it should be around that its so hard becouse everyone says different things arrrrrrr very confusing
sad.png
im constantly looking at the temp and humidity now like every ten mins lol i will keep it under 40 should i keep it at that even when they go into lockdown and what temp should i try to keep it at ? you never know i might still be lucky and get a chick all i can do is my best i guess
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom