chicks eating dead bugs

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mispollitos, Oct 17, 2010.

  1. mispollitos

    mispollitos Chillin' With My Peeps

    144
    1
    101
    Sep 30, 2010
    I don't want my husband to spray harmful chemicals around our home and since we purchased our chicks he hasn't sprayed...but we found some alarmingly large wasp nests on the side of our home yesterday and he understandably had to spray the nests and dispose of them. He told me that he picked up many of the dead wasp but certainly didn't get them all...well, my chicks ate them!!! I'm wondering if my chicks will be in danger or if any poison will be pooped out???
     
  2. wpalmisano

    wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

    400
    1
    111
    Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    IMO, yes, the poison that killed the wasps will be ingested by your chicks. I would guess it depends on what he used and how much they ate. You should be able to log onto the insectiside company website and retrieve a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet. (MSDS)
     
  3. Buns

    Buns Chillin' With My Peeps

    189
    0
    99
    Jul 3, 2010
    Quitman, Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by