Chicks Everywhere!

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Okay, so my chicks are 2 weeks old now. They are flying out of there brooder! I have them in one of those BIG storage containers and they are flying up ontop of their feeders and onto the ledge, and then flapping down into the kitchen and running everywhere! I've looked for something to place over the top, but have NOTHING!!! ahhh! :eek: Its mainly my Delawares doing it, I think I have spoiled my girls TOO much and they come looking for me! The Anconas try, but if I walk over there to see who is doing the flapping they just lay down or move away from me, and my son's green chick BOOGER is doing it now too!!!!

I put chicken wire over mine. Just cut out the middle of the lid it came with and use duct tape or hot glue to put on the chicken wire.

I got one of those LARGE boxes from WalMart, they had watermelon in them at the time, but they have other things in them at other times of the year. It was free. Then I took a puppy gate. . . you may call it a baby gate. . . that was falling apart and ripped out the screen. Then i put that over the top and added few bricks for good measure.

Thanks for all the GREAT suggestions! Fortunately I found a small portion of chicken wire in the very back of my garage! It was JUST the right size to cover the top! Thanks for the help, It was fun having them out and about, but don't think I can handle 15 pooping all over the kitchen and dining room for very long!

Back
Top Bottom