CHICKS FEEDER Step by step Pictures and how to build.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Omran, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hello again, Today I constructed a feeder for my pullets,Hope you like it.
    1-You need safty glasses,grinder,sawzaw,1.2" or 2" piece of pvc pipe,2 (90*) Elbows, sand paper,clamps to fasten the pipe on a workbench, Piece of Lumber,PVC Glu.

[​IMG]

2- After you made the cut you need to grind the rough Edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3- Put your end Elbows 90* on both ends.
    [​IMG]

4- Clean the pipe well and then fasten the pipe on piece of Lumber like 4'x8"x2".
    [​IMG]

5- Take it and see for yourself, it works.
    [​IMG].

Tell me what you think.
    Omran.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    I love it!!! Yet another way to save a few bucks,,,and the chickens probably like it much better than those 20.00 feeders!!! Great Work!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. cheeze

cheeze Time Out

Oct 6, 2008
    middle TN
    Quote:not to be rude but i think you could have cut that 2x6 into 3 pieces and made the same kind of feeder.

also i made about 5 troughs liek that out of wood and u need to build something over them or they stand in it and roost on it , it will be a poop covered mess in about 2 days.

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hi Cheeze.
    My feeder still holding with no poo in it. I guess I am lucky.

5. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

You can modify your design with another piece of PVC and make it where you can fill from outside the coop! Just put the end piece outside the coop and extend the PVC pipe up about 2-3 feet and add a gutter spout to it. You can fill easily without spillage!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by