Chicks first outdoor adventure

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tapsmom, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Tapsmom

Tapsmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    Hi,
    Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures. I just uploaded them to here:) Here goes:
    Here are 2 of my Buff Orpingtons and my Wyandotte at 3 weeks in their new brooder:

[​IMG]

This is one of the Buffs a few weeks ago being my daughter's "lap chicken" Quite happily I might add. She fell asleep while my daughter was stroking her back:)

[​IMG]

And finally, here are the chicks with some of the kids in their first outdoor adventure. Great fun was had by all. 3 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Production Red, The Wynadotte is on the left and the one laying down on the right was labeled as an Americuana.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are thinking that the one in her lap may be a Roo-He/she's still in her lap in the next picture as well. What do you think? I have been hearing crowing attempts emanating from this chicken.

[​IMG]

This chciken thing is turning out to be fun..at least so far. They are almost 7 weeks old already!

2. AuntieE

AuntieE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Philipsburg, PA
    I have no idea if it is a roo, but your chicks are adorable! [​IMG] I just love the buffs [​IMG]

3. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    My daughter's lap chicken is a buff also! Cute pictures, enjoy!

4. Tapsmom

Tapsmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    Well, I'm pretty sure that "Hailey" is going to be renamed "Hal". I heard quite a few clear crowing attempts this morning. In the morning my husband takes our dog out and feeds her breakfast. While he's down here, "Hailey" will start "roo roo" "roo roo". I hadn't actually heard it myself until this morning. Now I am just hoping that it turns out to be a nice rooster:rolleyes:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by