Chicks for Charity 2010 (Largest Baby Chick Giveaway In The World)

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by atlantachickenwhisperer, Jul 24, 2010.

1. atlantachickenwhisperer

atlantachickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Atlanta
    Second Annual Chicks for Charity

On Saturday, April 11, 2009 we held the largest baby chick giveaway in the history of mankind. On Saturday, August 28, 2010 we are going to do it again! The Second Annual Chicks for Charity will be bigger and better than ever! We will be giving away 1,000+ baby chicks to promote backyard poultry and all proceeds will benefit a local charity. Last year, over 600 baby chicks found their way into Atlanta backyards and this year we hope that 1000+ baby chicks will do the same. Last year, over 40 volunteers from the Atlanta Backyard Poultry Meetup Group ran the event and with membership now exceeding 1,150 members, we anticipate even more volunteers this year! This year, TC-Country Feed & Seed will have a mobile store on-site to provide everything needed to the new baby chick owners. There will be avian veterinarians from both private practice as well as from the USDA on-site to oversee the event and answer any questions. The 1000+ baby chicks are being donated by sponsors of the Backyard Poultry with the Chicken Whisperer radio show. Current participating hatcheries include...My Pet Chicken, Meyer Hatchery, Mt Healthy Hatchery, Cackle Hatchery, Randall Burkey Company, and more! Every family will be allowed to take home six baby chicks while supplies last. Every family will receive a color brochure with information about raising baby chicks, as well as resources where they can continue their education. Everyone is welcome to attend this historical event. I will post the official location by August 1st. See you there!

POWER TO THE POULTRY!

Thanks,

Chicken Whisperer

2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    That sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you all raise awareness and money! [​IMG]

3. lifein1840

lifein1840 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    kansas city area
    Power to the Poultry - Right on!!![​IMG]

lifein1840,,,shows how old I am

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by