Chicks for Christmas ! Submit your holiday chick pictures contest on!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hot2Pot, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Hey hatchamaniacs, I just set a styrobator full of shipped eggs. Lavender Orps, BCM, and sizzles. They are settling and I am going to plug them in tonight. Anyone want to hatch along? Or just tell me what chickens Santa is bringing you! I ordered chicks too. I am WAY chicken crazy! DH bought me a lap top for Christmas so i can enjoy BYC faster on wifi![​IMG] Deb

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Congrats on the laptop! I think I had a life before I got mine...I don't remember! I am dying to hatch. DYING! Really trying to keep my promise to DH to not brood chicks in the house this winter. I need a hatching and baby chick fix, like you wouldn't believe! [​IMG] Take lots of pics to share your beauties when they arrive and hatch!

3. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    Quote:Hi! Yep, we just put some of our own eggs in the oven two days ago so we will be expecting some babies a few days before Christmas. Exciting! [​IMG] We have RI's, New Hampshires and Delawares.

4. boogiedog

boogiedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Oakland hills, CA
    I'm in...and neck deep. Seramas hatching today (approx 13 - 11 out so far - from Castle Delight); French Blue Marans and Silver sussex hatching next week (Locust Farms), Sultans hatching week after, and on the 21st I'm hoping for a gaggle of Swedish Flower hens (Locust Farms) to hatch as well. I need an intervention. Seriously. (Yes, I have 3 incubators and 3 brooders) What to do with all these fuzzies...! Anyone in the Bay Area wanting some awesome (and will be vaccinated) chickens?!?

5. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I just set 2 eggs from our girls today. Not sure if they are fertile. One looks like a pullet egg too. But with some luck we'll hve 2 new hatchlings just before Dec 25th!

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    My incubator is taking a vacation until after the holidays, then DH wants to run a batch of Pheasants through. I guess the incubator will have to go into the house as we will be having company so I have to take it out of our guest apartment. I wonder if he will notice me slipping in some chicken eggs...

This is from our last Peasant hatch.
    [​IMG]

7. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    NICE SETUP! I feel inadequate... [​IMG]

But then.. I am a "New Egg". lol

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. MaestrosMomma

MaestrosMomma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    wow, that's some set up! I would have a field day with that! I'm waiting for my batch to hatch right now, one so far....

9. kizanne

kizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    Just got my hatching eggs today in the mail. So going to set them tomorrow after I make sure my incubator is holding a temp tonight.

10. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Hey Deb [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Your beautiful eggs are doing great [​IMG] !!! I am so very eggcited [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I just set 10 bantam polish today and with luck [​IMG] I'll win Charm 1704's Glenda's auction for the splash marans today [​IMG] [​IMG] She will bring them up to my husbands restaurant tonight if I do so I won't have to have them shipped [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] so I'll set them tomorrow so I'll join along [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by