Chicks for sale in E PA (PICS)- also SLW hens and roos -pickup only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Mar 1, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    8-10 Bearded Buff Silkies (hatched 2/14)
    8 Silver Laced Wyandottes (hatched 2/18)
    2 Rhode Island Red (lighter in color, so what I would consider production reds) (hatched 2/19)

$3 each this week. Pickup only....in Slatington PA 18080 - please mapquest to see how far. Email or PM to arrange pickup. Thanks.

Buff orp cockerel - he is excellent quality, actively breeding and producing fertile eggs (eggs are due to hatch in 2 wks). Approx 6 months old - no aggression, he is a little skiddish until you hold him and he settles right in. $10 for pickup

I also have a friend with 2 SLW hens ($10 each) and 2 SLW roos ($5 each) for pickup in Walnutport PA. They will be a year old in May. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll put you in contact with him.

Jody

2. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thought I'd update with some chick pics for anyone who might be looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am starting to see a boy on the SLW, so am thinking most of the other SLW are girls based on comb comparison. The red ones are super friendly and come up to me to be picked up. Of course, dd has been handling those 2 a lot. lol I cannot sex the silkies at all at this age (approx 2 wks), but if someone is interested, they are welcome to look them over to try and figure them out. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jody

3. pepperluvsmee

pepperluvsmee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Seven Valleys, Pa
    Sheesh! I just love baby peeps. They make me smile. So cute!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    I wish you lived closer, but you are quite a distance from me.
    -Theresa [​IMG]

4. GardenGirl

GardenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

How friendly are your friend's SLW's? I am looking for just 2-3 hens that are already laying. The only thing is I would like some that are able to tolerate a toddler in the yard with them. [​IMG] I live just over the border from Milford, PA in New York.

Robyn

5. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I have a cochin hen that is laying now. She has been turned on by the flock and I don't have space for her to house alone. She is a great bird. Very friendly a great broody and mother.

6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Hi Robyn, the adults are not what I consider friendly. They come to you for treats and such, but do not like to be held/handled. They're not aggressive. I am sure hens would tolerate a toddler pretty well, but I'm not sure about a roo. A roo would probably consider a toddler as a threat imo. As with any birds, close supervision would be necessary.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by