chicks for sale in south Ga/north FL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Foghorn Rock, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Foghorn Rock

Foghorn Rock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2008
    I have 19 domineckers or barred rock that we got at an auction yesterday by mistake,we thought they were guineas, that I would like to sell.They look like about 6 weeks maybe and mostly pullets I think.also have some bantam chicks I think maybe mixed campines but I am not sure.some look a week old some 2. I need $3 for the domineckers and $2 for the bantams. May consider trades for Guineas also. Pm me if interested.Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  2. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Where are you located at? So are the chicks dom's or BR?

3. Foghorn Rock

Jun 25, 2008
    I am just north of thomasville.I dont know which they are.all I know is they are speckled chickens.they werent labeled and we were looking for Guineas and we thought the auctioneer said guineas and I knew they were some there the same size and we were in the back and couldnt see good enough to tell the difference.If you know how to tell the difference at that age ,I ll see if I can tell.If someone would take them all I will make a deal ,what I dont sell ,I will feed for a month and take em back to the auction.Thanks

4. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    How far are you from Trenton FL? 32693

5. Foghorn Rock

Jun 25, 2008
    Not sure about trenton.About 35 minutes north of Tallahassee.

6. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    If I am not wrong BR has a single comb. The dom has either a rose comb or a pea comb not sure which one though. You are not to far from me. Is there any way you can post a pic?

7. Foghorn Rock

Jun 25, 2008
    they have a single comb.will try to get pics today.I have barred rocks and they look just like them.I just have never saw doms so I wasnt sure.looks like out of 19,there may be 4 roos.

8. Foghorn Rock

Jun 25, 2008
    You are right Barnyard,I did some searching and found that Doms have a rose comb and BR s have a single comb so that males them BRs.still gonna get pics tonite.Thanks.

9. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    You are welcome!! Wow out of 19 4 roo's....... that ain't to bad. If you don't mind me asking, what auction did you get them from? Can't wait to see pics.

10. Foghorn Rock

Jun 25, 2008
    Not sure of the name, think it said waddels on their shirts,my first time there,but its up around hopeful/vada area if that helps.every 2nd sat . of the month.there was hundreds if not thousands of poultry there.I was surprized at how much the big laying hens brought.There is supposed to be another one in sylvester everyone says is better so I will try there when I get a chance.also heard of another in quitman.Ever been to those?I have got to start thinning down some.If my order makes it this week ,I will have 100 chickens.How in the world did this happen?lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by