In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 8, 2008
ipswich massachusetts
chicks1219017-1.jpg
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr149/pfdept59/chicks1219016.jpg[/img]
chicks1219014-1.jpg
chicks1219017-1.jpg
My dad ordered 13 chicks for me for a christmas surprise.They came from Ideal poultry in Texas.They all arrived healthy and happy on Friday 12/19 at noontime just before we got 12 inches of snow.We got 13 pullets- Black Austalorps,RhodeIsland Reds,New Hampshires,Black Sex Links,and 7 extra male red sexlinks(for free,for warmth).My dad made a nice brooder box for us to keep the chicks in our office for the first few weeks before we put them out in the coop,were my Dad also set up a brooding area.Dad thought it would be nice for us and the chicks to have them in the house for a little while.

What a wonderful surprise. They are beautiful and are making me want some. I keep saying NO_NO_NO_NO_ until spring. The itch is there already but no where to put them after 3 weeks until spring. Jean

Congratulations on your wonderful dad. Those seem to be rare these days. My son would say "He's the 'Bomb'"! You guys should have a great Christmas.

I have a great dad, too. The things he does for me are priceless. I know I won't have him forever, but I sure would like to.

Back
Top Bottom