Chicks from Meyer arrived today!

WestIndy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 25, 2014
My order of 25 mixed breed chicks arrived from Meyer today! Had them shipped to my dads house because I am working. He said they are all alive and doing fine. Weather had me concerned a bit as it was 5 below yesterday. I don't know what breeds I have yet, he wasn't able to find any info that came in the package to tell us what they are! Guess I'll find out tonight when I pick them up. Now I just have to get my permanent brooder set up in my garage so I can get them out of his laundry room!

Sweet! LUCKY!!!
I ordered from Meyer to but I don't get mine till Feb 19 th cuz thats the closest time they had.
I have 40 Austrorps 20 B Rs, 20 R I Rs and 20 buffs!!! So 100 in all.
I can't what till they get here.

So good to hear! I ordered from Meyer mid Jan an didn't have as good of luck.
I have 6 survivors out of my order of 15. Customer service was wonderful but...lesson learned. Don't have chicks shipped from Ohio to Texas mid-winter
hmm.png
I CAN say that my 6 are doing really well though.

Had 3 that didn't make it through the first night. They were the smaller ones of the bunch. Quite a mix of breeds....although I can't tell what they are as of yet. Sure I have some RIR, Barred Rock and Buff Orpingtons. Will have to thumb through the catalog to see if I can figure out the others...

Had 3 that didn't make it through the first night. They were the smaller ones of the bunch. Quite a mix of breeds....although I can't tell what they are as of yet. Sure I have some RIR, Barred Rock and Buff Orpingtons. Will have to thumb through the catalog to see if I can figure out the others...
I'm sorry :(
2 of mine were DOA and probably a little bit of my fault.
They were Mille Fluers and considerably smaller than the rest of the chicks, so they got trampled. I hadn't thought about the size difference about that.. The other Mille Fluer passed that night. I hope those 3 are the only ones you lose! Those first 2-3 days for me were very gloomy..

Back
Top Bottom