Chicks from TSC. Any ideas on the breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ncharriere, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ncharriere

ncharriere Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2012
    We got these chicks from tractor supply, the white one from the mixed pullets and the reddish one from the red pullets. They thought the reddish one was New Hampshire red but I think it may be the golden comet because the wing feathers are coming in white. The white one I am thinking Amberlink or Tetra Tint? Any suggestions on breed would be great. Thank you
    t .[​IMG]

2. meeerylou

meeerylou Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    the yellow with white wings could be a Leghorn.

The other I do not know.
    We just got chicks from TSC, too, and aren't familiar with all of them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

3. ncharriere

Mar 4, 2012
    Thanks

4. FreedomLover

FreedomLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Romance
    We just got chicks from TSC yesterday. I've been trying to figure out, myself, what breeds we ended up with out of the red pullet bin and from my research I'm pretty sure your red isn't a golden comet. They have chipmunk like stripes on their backs. Could be a production red, rir or new hampshire (to name a few). Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yellow is a White Rock. I read the list of chicks That the TSC had. The redish one could be a red star or new hamshire

Heres my white rock from the pullet bin

[​IMG]

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I got two birds from my local TSC's red pullet bin last year. They are now a year old:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Gofygure

Gofygure Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I'd guess Leghorn and either a RIR, NHR, or red sex-link. I doubt the one is a Golden Comet- mine looked different from both at that age.

1 person likes this.
  8. ncharriere

Mar 4, 2012
    Here is a better picture of the reddish one.[​IMG]

9. ncharriere

Mar 4, 2012
    Thanks for the help. Does your white rock have a buff colored strip down the back and on the head?

10. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    My guess would be a red sex-link (also called a golden comet or a red star).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by