Chicks got the ride of their life....

dreammaker8482

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Tonight I woke up around 9pm and turned on the tv, and lo and behold the emergency weather broadcast was on.....We had major storms around my house, with tornados touching down and all a few counties over. We had about 10 minutes of really severe weather to the point of my little girls screaming their heads off over the thunder :eek:. I told my BF that if one touched down, we were going to find a way to take all of them into the basement with us!! It died down eventually, and I left for work.

At around 11:30pm, all heck broke loose. A tornado touched down about 1/4 of a mile west of our facility, just passing us to the west. It was frightening to say the least. We had golf ball sized hail hitting the skylights which made it sound like the sky was falling.

We were fortunate to miss the worst of the storms...I hope those who are to the west of us made it through ok. My thoughts are with you!!
big_smile.png

OMGosh! Gonna check the weather channel. Tornadoes have always been my worst fear. Well, that and a storm surge. I live in coastal South Carolina. When I was married before my hubby had this fascination with tornadoes. I told him if I ever experienced a tornado first hand and survived and he was near by the first thing I would do was knock him out. After being married for 18 years he left home. Within a few weeks we had a tornado swipe the house. Only damage was ripping off two storm windows on our sons bedroom corner. Still owe the a-hole a fist in the face. That was 13 years ago. No hope of cashing in on that. Point being, I live close to the coast of South Carolina. I am accustomed to dealing with hurricanes. Tornadoes? Scare me badly.

Tell me about it. Give me a hurricane any day. I grew up on the Outer Banks, NC, so they are really not that big of a deal for me. But tornadoes?!?? No thank you. We didn't get hit, but we were close enough for me, and I hope I don't ever have to deal with that ever again!
lol.png

Thank God it missed us. When I finally went to sleep this morning it was moving up towards Ramseur and Ashboro heading for Viginia. I pray every one else around NC and V are safe.

We had tornadoes touching down all around us to! The lightening was incredible! My 10 year-old loves the weather and eats it up when we have large storms. Last night he was just fascinated! The lightening looked just like it did in the movie Twister. It was truly amazing! I am glad it is over, however!!!
lol.png

I'm glad to hear that you were safe. Hope every one else is too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom