Chicks growing at 2 different rates - Why?

HuffleClaw

Sudden Reptile Fanatic
5 Years
Jul 8, 2018
Alabama
They’re 4 weeks old now and some of them are growing normally... others look like they would at 1.5 weeks old. Any ideas as to why this is? :confused: They’re being raised by a broody.
Normal size:
(Sorry for the blurry pic)

A8ECB949-90D5-4DE2-8ACE-B20A0E088044.jpeg

And the tiny size:
C7B3DFEF-0B9B-4B80-83D5-1BE4244EF3A6.jpeg
7835D6F9-A200-43FE-BE9E-F72725AA6BCF.jpeg

About 1/2 are growing normally and 1/2 are not. :th They all eat starter feed, if that helps.

They are all supposed to be largefowl Wyandottes... I don’t think they are bantam, because the person who sold them to me only has largefowl as far as I know. The smaller ones all seem lighter than the bigger ones, but they all eat and I don’t think they’re getting bullied.

They’re 4 weeks old now and some of them are growing normally... others look like they would at 1.5 weeks old. Any ideas as to why this is? :confused: They’re being raised by a broody.
Normal size:
(Sorry for the blurry pic)

View attachment 1805949
And the tiny size:
View attachment 1805951 View attachment 1805950

About 1/2 are growing normally and 1/2 are not. :th They all eat starter feed, if that helps.

They are all supposed to be largefowl Wyandottes... I don’t think they are bantam, because the person who sold them to me only has largefowl as far as I know. The smaller ones all seem lighter than the bigger ones, but they all eat and I don’t think they’re getting bullied.
Wow... what a difference! That’s weird...

Maybe some Nutri-Drench or similar for the stragglers? If they are energetic I think they are just slower to grow. But what do I know? I’ll keep my fingers crossed for them. They are incredibly sweet-looking!

Back
Top Bottom