Chicks growing up....but what are they growing into!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TMDee, Jun 5, 2011.

1. TMDee

TMDee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Speyside, Scotland
    Hi everyone

Having so much fun with our chicks! They change every day!

We had eggs hatched on our behalf and were supposed to have Silkies but I am thinking something went wrong! Any ideas as to what these lil cuties might be - look familiar to anyone?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then our big girls - who are enjoying some daytime sunshine...but staying indoors and cozy at night - still very chilly here!

We were told that these two were a Lavender Pekin (on left) and a Blue Silkie (on right) but I am not so sure.....wonder perhaps if the girl on right is the Lavender Pekin...but then what does that make the one in the left!!??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated [​IMG] We love them to bits anyway and they are just for pets [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I'm not sure about your top two pictures, but in your last one, the girl on the right with the feathered feet is the Pekin (called cochin) in the states. The other one doesn't look like a silkie to me. It looks more like a diluted variety of blue andalusian, lavender andalusian? I don't know, maybe someone else can help. Your chicks are just adorable! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing and keep sending the photos! [​IMG]

3. XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX

XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Michigan
    Angel looks a bit like an Old English or dutch, though many breeds have the "Chipmunk" style pattern as chicks.

Beyonce looks like a white frizzled cochin to me. She could be a white silkie with the wrong kind of comb, too, but I thing the crest is too small.

Lilly lavender could be an andalusian, but i don't know the breed well enough to be 100%

As for Pudsey, I don't quite know.[​IMG]

Hope I helpped a little bit! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by