1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks hatched the last week of April...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChiknWyn, Sep 25, 2011.

1. ChiknWyn

ChiknWyn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Rensselaer County, NY
    I have a mixture of different chicken breeds... 20 or so... that were hatched the last week of April, and none of the girls have started laying yet. I just found out they had mites and treated today. Could this be the only reason they are not laying, or am I just overanxious for them to start? I figured they'd be laying by now.

2. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Be patient! Mine were hatched the first week of May. I got my first egg on 9/22 and the second today. Some take even longer. It's hard waiting though, isn't it? Hope it's soon! Do any of your pullets have a really red comb and wattle? That means it's gonna be soon. Good luck!

3. ChiknWyn

ChiknWyn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Rensselaer County, NY
    Thank you.. this is only my second group of chickens, my older ladies are molting now, so i'm not getting ANY eggs at all right now.... frustrating.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by