Chicks have arrived!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Slingha, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Slingha

Slingha Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    We ordered a 15 pack of "Best Egg Layers" from My Pet Chicken.
    Post office seemed annoyed that I kept calling. When I got there they handed me 2 boxes which I didn't think too much about.
    When I got home I realized that they gave me my chickens....and someone else's! Well I called the person on the box and delivered him his 25 silkies.
    Of the 15, 4 didn't make the journey. 3 we're doa and there's one that is in intensive care.
    We didn't get to pick our chickens since we took a "Best Egg Layers" pack. Looks like we have mostly RIR and Barred Rocks. There's 1 Red Star and maybe 1 Australorp but I'm still working on that ID. MPC made it pretty simple to report the doa chicks. And so our journey begins. [​IMG]

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Strange about the PO.

Good luck from now on.

I have the sorting room of my PO on speed dial. They won't answer the listed number until business hours.
    They usually want to get the chirping boxes out of their hair.

3. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    My PO seems to know me by name and number now... They were a bit annoyed today when I called checking in. I have chicks coming today or tomorrow. When I got my eggs shipped, I was supposed to get a call and I had to call them and pick them up after hours and by that time, they were almost frozen. The man I talked to said because it's a live animal shipment they have to call but I'm still taking every precaution I can to make sure I get called the moment they arrive. He also said they want to get rid of them asap because of the chirping...lol I like the chirping ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by