chicks haven't hatched in the incubator

geese2000

Hatching
Mar 23, 2015
i putted the fertile eggs on the first of march now its the 23rd and still nothing i stopped turning them 4 days earlier i candled them and there ts all black which means its fertile but i'm really concerned that there probably dead
hit.gif
they were suppose to hatch on the 21st and to days from now nothing i dont know whats wrong i putted the right humidity level and temperature

Don't worry, your chicks are probably alright, some just hatch alittle later, that's all. We have had chicks that didn't hatch until day 24-25. Are they still moving when you candle them?(although it is probably hard to tell as they would have grown so large) just keep on waiting... As long as everything has been fine, such as the tempreture and humidity then the chicks wil hatch. Is this your first time incubating eggs? I did have a problem with one egg that didn't hatch because it was upside down in the egg and it didn't have room to pip out of its shell. When you candle them can you see the internal pip? Good luck and I hope that everything will be alright. I am sure that they will be fine :)

thanks for the reply it seems that one egg is moving and shaking in the incubator right now so exited
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!
I hope they hatch well for you. Since they are hatching late, it suggests your thermometer is not accurate and your temps are actually lower than you think they are. I sometimes use a thermometer designed for humans as a "second opinion" about the real temp. Clinical thermometers are required to be accurate (under threat of lawsuit, if not govt regulation).

i putted the fertile eggs on the first of march now its the 23rd and still nothing i stopped turning them 4 days earlier i candled them and there ts all black which means its fertile but i'm really concerned that there probably dead
hit.gif
they were suppose to hatch on the 21st and to days from now nothing i dont know whats wrong i putted the right humidity level and temperature
For starters, 21 days is an average. You didn't count the day you set them as day 1 right? You start your day count 24 hours after you set them. As stated a "delayed" hatch does signify that the temp during incubation was lower than average of where it should be. (99.5 for forced air bators and 101-102F taken near the top of the eggs for still air incubators). If your thermometer(s) have not been checked for accuracy it/they could be off. I recommend using at least 2 different thermometers.

Hurray for movement. Hopefully soon you'll see a pip in the egg.

Back
Top Bottom