Chicks in another two weeks, cages, and geese - Northern NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickerdoodle13, May 20, 2008.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm expecting a big order of 50 or so baby chicks on June 4th! Many of these will be looking for homes, so anyone in Northern NJ let me know if you will be interested!

I also have a few geese who will be needing new homes. EXTREMELY friendly and will follow you around! They look like they will be white something or others. I'm guessing embdens, but I could be wrong. One will be spotted. They are probably about a month old, but ready to go outside! Just reply here if interested and I can send you more information. These need to go to pet homes only!

I also have a few large dog crates that I'm looking to sell. I have to look and see what I have. Some have bottoms, some don't. Lemme know if you are interested and I can send pictures, measurements, and asking price. Most I will sell for $10 (Which is what I paid).

Also, if I don't have what you are looking for, I have a friend who might! She has 70 assorted chicks and many of them she will be selling!

I am located in Hope NJ. Pick up only.

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I'll need to see pix of them, and hear more details. I'm just down rt 519 about an hour or less...I'm up to my ears in baby ducks and chicks now too, with more in the bators, but I'm addicted and on a roll. Can't stop. Don't want to. Have to add more breeds that I don't have already, and I'd LOVE to find Sebbie goslings or eggs.Let me know the sizes of the dog crates and see pics if you have them. On a day when its not raining, that drive is beautiful!
    Lisa

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I'm looking for BLRW chicks if you or your friend have any of them. I'm in central NJ near Clinton. Thanks![​IMG]

4. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    1mommahen-I'm less than 20 min from Clinton...we should do a "Who is from NJ" thread...and then choose a date and meet...or arrange a NJ swap first then meet with all of our swap birds...whatever...it seems like there are more people lately from NJ and Eastern Pa on here.
    Chickerdoodle13-Will you have any Silkies, Showgirls, Polish, Sultans, Sumatras, Welsummers, Marans, Cochins, frizzle anyone, or Blue anyone, and maybe a few others? Also, any Sebastapol geese?
    Lisa

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Don't have too much to swap! I have 6 year olds and 8 3week olds. But I'm dying for some blrw's. Tried to hatch 15 this spring and got nothing! Let me know! What town are you in?

6. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    I have no BLRW, but live in Pohatcong Twp, still a green town in the Garden State. I'll be interested to hear and see what these new chicks/geese of chickerdoodle's are going to be.
    Lisa

7. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey guys! I'm not sure what the new chicks will be, but there will most likely be some polish, cochins, and maybe some frizzles. I ordered the hatchery surprise from Cackle so they could be anything! They will not come until June 4th though, so I will be sure to repost! Just wanted to give a heads up.

I do currently have modern game bantams, but I want to wait long enough to tell sex of them before selling. I should have plenty enough to make some pairs or trios though! There are 24 and I will only be keeping a maximum of 6. I have blacks, blues, and splashes. Perhaps a few others thrown into the mix.

I don't know what kind of geese I have, but they probably are not sebastopols. I think these are embdens, because they don't really look like chinese. VERY sweet though! I hate to give them up, but I just don't have the space for them as they grow older. Let me know if anyone might be interested in them! Otherwise they will just go with me to fair in August and find homes there.

I will take a look at those crates as soon as I get the chance!

Chickenlisa, If you are off 519 you are probably only a half hour from me. It takes me about a half hour to get to rt. 31 in the center of washington. I will let you know when I get the chicks and you will be more than welcome to take the ride out! (Even if you don't buy anything, but gee, how could you resist little fuzzies!) I will also have like a TON of birds for sale at the county fair in Harmony NJ the first week of august.

8. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I guess I should also add that I've always wanted BLRW too, but I can't seem to find them! Either that, or I find them when I can't have them! I doubt we will be getting any from Cackle, but if I hear of anyone selling them, I'll let you know.

9. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    I'll be at that fair too. Always go, but this year, I'll look for you and I'll be looking for some Nigerian Dwarf goats too maybe! I'll wait for the pix in June. Thanks!
    Lisa

10. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    I SO need a LARGE dog crate with metal bottom!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by