Chicks in Colorado

Jenn White

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2015
Colorado
At last... little tiny peepers of my own! I am thrilled to have four healthy and thriving chicks and was sad to lose two due to internal injuries received during shipping. Does anyone in Colorado have chicks available for sale? After the heartbreak from shipping injuries, I would prefer to make the drive to get them home safe and sound. Many pictures are sure to follow...

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry for the loss of your chicks. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. :eek:( You might want to post on our Colorado thread at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/colorado and see if someone there can help you. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chicks.

Thanks Michael! I posted there after you sent me the link. I appreciate your help!
yippiechickie.gif

welcome-byc.gif

That sure is a lovely little chick in your avatar...what kind is she? I'm sorry you lost 2 in shipping, that can be hard on the little things. Checking in with your state thread is a good idea. Another way to find some chicks is by using the buy-sell-trade forum (you need 20 posts to use it, but that's easy enough to do). You'll see it listed under the Forum drop down.

Good luck finding more birds, thanks for joining us!

Thank you, NorthFLChick! She is an Easter Egger chick. All six chicks that we received have distinctly different markings. Since there are so many combinations that result in Easter Egger chicks, you'd probably have to go to a feed store or hatchery to increase the chances of finding one that looks like her. I plan to make a photographic journal of the four that survived shipping to track what they grow into that I'll post. They've already piled into my arms and fallen asleep when they could have been roaming their brooder, so I'm very pleased that they're living up to the Easter Egger reputation of being extremely sweet.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope your remaining chicks thrive and go on to give you many pastel colored eggs. EE's are very popular, and can be any color.

Thanks, Blooie! I checked out your EEs and they're beautiful! I can't wait to see what plumage my little ones will grow into!

Back
Top Bottom