Chicks in South East Pennsylvania

dheltzel

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 30, 2013
Pottstown, PA
We are a small operation in southeast Pennsylvania (northern Chester Country, near Pottstown). Our goal is to provide a local source for unusual and high quality breeds of laying chickens. We specialize in answering your questions and helping you be successful with your backyard flock. This is not our full time job, but rather a hobby that we wish to share with you. We do not ship eggs or birds, local pickup only.

The absolute best way to reach us is via email at [email protected]
If you can't use email, you can also call or text (484) 4CHICKY (424-4259) (evenings and weekends only please).

The latest updates to our list of available chicks is here: 4chicky.myfreesites.net

Availability List

Newly hatched chicks

Available now:
  • Jill Rees line Crested Cream Legbars - females $20 each, males $5 each
  • Bielefelders - females $20 each, males $5 each
  • Olive Eggers (autosexing) - females $15 each (Cream Legbar X Welbar)
  • Blue Egg Sexlinks (black sexlinks that lay blue eggs) - females $8 each, males free (California Grey x Ameraucana)
  • Black Ameraucanas - straight run $8 each
  • Lavender Ameraucanas - straight run $15 each
  • Silver Ameraucanas - straight run $10 each

Accepting pre-order for spring of these breeds:
  • Turkey poults - Royal Palm, Black Mottled - $12 each
  • Welbars - $50 each (my own strain created as explained here: http://www.harislau.info/welbars, lay very dark eggs)
  • Other Ameraucanas - Lavender (bantam and LF), Silver

Hatching eggs

For pickup only, no shipping, price is per egg, some are very limited in quantity or not available at all some weeks.
  • Jill Reese line Crested Cream Legbars $4
  • Black Ameraucanas $2
  • Turkeys - Royal Palm and Mottled Black, penned together, either color could hatch $3

Last edited:
Hi! I'm in central PA and I'm on a search for Frizzle chicks. Do you know anyone around here that could help me out? I'm only looking for 1 female so ordering online isn't going to work for me :(

Hi, I already have two buff orpingtons who have just started laying in recent weeks. I've been fighting chicken math, but we'd love to have a BCM.

Will you have some chicks available in the spring? We can come out from NYC to pick up. Preferably around the last week in April.

Hi! I'm in central PA and I'm on a search for Frizzle chicks. Do you know anyone around here that could help me out? I'm only looking for 1 female so ordering online isn't going to work for me
sad.png
I don't have any frizzles. You should ask on the PA thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/248345/pennsylvania-unite

I did no response yet :( The only one I'm really having trouble with is a Frizzle cochin. I found 1 lady by me but I was hoping to get them all beginning of March and she said hers haven't started laying yet but as soon as they do she will hatch. I think I will get my others from Lancaster Fancy Fowl even tho they don't sex their golden laced wyandotte, I might just have to risk it!

This is thinking way outside the box, but have you considered Tolbunt polish? They are probably more expensive, but come in frizzled and are gold laced (plus other colors). There is a lady on the PA list (not sure how active she is there), who has frizzled Tolbunts. If you got a small group of those chicks and grew them up instead of the cochin and wyandotte, you could maybe keep 2 and sell the rest locally. As rare and unusual as they are, I think you'd find ready buyers for the roos and any extra hens you raise.

Not trying to change your mind, just a new thought.

Thanks but I kinda have my heart set on these. I was only going to get 3 to start out but then I went to the farm show and saw those tiny frizzles and decided I needed 1 more! (isn't that what they call chicken math?? lol)

Back
Top Bottom