Chicks in the Broader

CAJUN_CHICK

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2019
Louisiana
Good Morning,
I have 6 Beilefelder 2 pullets and 4 cockerels they are 3 weeks old. Wow did they grow fast! I purchased 4 Buff Orpington pullets and 2 Olive Egger pullets Saturday and they are only a few days old. I have a divider in the broader but they can see each other through chicken wire. They all huddle up at night near the divider on each side and that's how they have been sleeping since Saturday. When can I try and remove the divider?
TIA,
Cajun_Chick

You can remove the divider and stay with them and see how it goes
That is what I usually do.
If it seems like they are really not getting along put it back, and try again each day, they will eventually figure out the pecking order and become a wonderful little flock

When I do this I always tell my boyfriend its like running a day care, make sure that one doesnt hurt that one, everyone gets along lol

Good luck

Good Morning,
I have 6 Beilefelder 2 pullets and 4 cockerels they are 3 weeks old. Wow did they grow fast! I purchased 4 Buff Orpington pullets and 2 Olive Egger pullets Saturday and they are only a few days old. I have a divider in the broader but they can see each other through chicken wire. They all huddle up at night near the divider on each side and that's how they have been sleeping since Saturday. When can I try and remove the divider?
TIA,
Cajun_Chick
Just remove the divider and see how they act towards each other. Are they showing any red flags with the divider in?
I think it will be fine since they are still young.

Back
Top Bottom