Chicks in the house!

newchickmom

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 8, 2007
Lafayette, Indiana
I know my husband is upset with me, but he is so sweet. All he said was "So, how long do they have to stay in the house?" (I have 20 meat birds and 5 ducklings in the kitchen right now.) All I could say was "until I can get the brooder warm enough, sorry honey"
love.gif

Normally they would be our huge brooder we have in the garage, but I have not been able to get the temp up high enough in the brooder even though it is built out of plywood and hardware cloth doors, which I covered with window plastic. I guess the garage is just too cold still, even though it is attached.

Last edited:
Mine are in the basement! We don't have a heated garage so they are there until they can manage the cold. Hopefully not too long because they will run out of space quick!

Mine are in the office until my grandsons go home tomorrow... then they will go into the boys room. The only thing I don't like about this is the dust. But it's a minor thing compared to all the benefits
ya.gif

I have to keep going out and look at all of the juvies so that I don't get the bator out and start putting eggs in it.

Both of my brooders are in the spare bedroom, with the temp up and odor level rising steadily!
sickbyc.gif

The wife is not thrilled, I can tell you!
tongue.gif

Last edited:
catdaddy 66 Buy her a bunch of fresh flowers, and promise you'll keep her in flowers
love.gif
as long as she keeps the birdies in the spare room...
jumpy.gif
Then YOU CLEAN THE SPARE ROOM WHEN THEY GO OUTSIDE.
bow.gif
PROMISE

Back
Top Bottom