Chicks inside the eggs?? qustions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pefferlawchicken, Mar 4, 2009.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    hey guys i have 12 eggsthat are 7 day old and i can see i think 2 maybe 3 chicks devloping and i was wondering,around which day shoud they start to move .

Also how many ties and when should i be candeling???

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i candle every week starting at day # 6-7. [​IMG]

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    can you spot a heartbeat??? i see them in mine =O) so sweet

4. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:really? i thought everyone says "keep your hand out of the 'bator"??? im trying to hatch some ducks myself, due the 23rd. The humidity has been a pain for me, and its in the 70's now. any advice?

5. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:really? i thought everyone says "keep your hand out of the 'bator"??? im trying to hatch some ducks myself, due the 23rd. The humidity has been a pain for me, and its in the 70's now. any advice?

open one of the vents on top....I try to stay out - it helps keep things more consistant.

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ

open one of the vents on top....I try to stay out - it helps keep things more consistant.

wont i lose all my humidity that way? i have a lg still air, no fan no turner....

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I have an LG still air too. When my humidity gets too high, I uncover one of the two vents on top. i monitor the humidity, if it gets too low I cover back up again.

It seems to work ok. The one little hole allows enough humidity out with out drastically changing the temp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by