Chicks just in!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by handsomecock, Aug 27, 2013.

1. handsomecock

handsomecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    Little gals came today
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    But this guys in critical. Can anybody help me identify him? Its either speckeled sussex or mottled cochin bantam i believe. :(
    [​IMG]
    I been hand feeding her sugar water but se just lays there breathing slow :( dont look too good.

2. jdoane

jdoane Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    Wish I had some pointers for you. [​IMG] How are things going?

3. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Sussex. All cochins are easy to identify because they will have feathered shanks and feet when hatched.

4. samlydia

samlydia Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    England
    We also had a few chicks that did this and couldn't figure out why, at first we thought they were just trying to get warm on their fronts. We just kept gently pushing/encouraged them to get back on their feet especially because the other chicks were walking on them, and encouraging them to eat and drink. one of them survived and is now probably the most lively of them all so there is hope. we called the farm where we brought the eggs from and she suggested that they may just be a weak chicks and to try giving it some hard boiled egg mashed up. Sorry i can't be of more help, just hope for the best. best of luck

5. handsomecock

Aug 9, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    Eh, she seems to be getting worse. Im at work and can only give her so much attention. As soon as I get home she's getting tlc till I fall asleep. Everybody else is doin great. Shittin all over the place, and eating it too! haha, eh...

6. handsomecock

Aug 9, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    Thx yea I just googled it... Dont you know, its amateur hour over here lol

7. handsomecock

Aug 9, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    I will try my best, thx for sharing that. She only seems lively when Im holding her and forcing her to drink. One thing my pops taught me was never to force a chick to do anything she dont wana - lmao

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by