Chicks leg bowed outward

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chicks rule, Mar 4, 2008.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Looks like from the knee to it's thigh bows outward, anyone have this problem and if so how do I fix it or try to fix it? Thanks

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    some were having with tendons, might not be the problem your having tho. maybe someone else will know.

3. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks Countryboy, Do you think taping it with a bandaid like for Spraddle Leg would help???

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I would certainly give it a shot... Can you tell if the hip is out of the joint?

5. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Not sure Spotted Crow, what would I look for?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Bobbie, I don't know unless it's turned out at the hock joint, which would indicate a slipped tendon. But it sounds like it's turned outward higher up, from what you've said, from the hip area, right? In that case, I really don't know what to tell you.

7. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks Cyn, I have a bandaid on it now, maybe that will help, seems to be in the thigh area where it connects to the body??? Hopefully the bandaid will help, it is the Cuckoo X from Twila, It is getting around and eating good, just looks odd. Thanks again!!!

8. chicks rule

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Ok so the band aid was no good, upon closer examination it seems to be in the chicks knee (elbow)??? Looks like it is double jointed moves both ways, any ideas how to fix that one???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by