Chicks leg stuck in incubator- now deformed. Help

FaffyChicken

In the Brooder
May 27, 2022
Hi

I’m new to raising backyard chickens.
I incubated for the first time and half the eggs hatched. I have three cute polish and the rest of the eggs didn’t hatch even after 22 days and the ones that piped got shrink wrapped because I took chicks out and the last one was the polish had its leg stuck in the incubator egg pod even though I turned the rotator off, so I had to open and rescue it.
There was a wound in his thigh so I kept it clean with iodine. The wound started to heal but formed a thick scar which I assumed was the reason he couldn’t bend his leg that well and he could walk and run but in a lop sided way
So I thought I’d do some physical therapy to help him stretch and flex so the muscle doesn’t atrophy or permanently heal in a lop sided manner When i gently did the Excersizes to check all his joints on the faulty leg had a normal range of motion I heard this tiny pop and my heart sank
Now his walk is much worse he can’t bend his ‘knee’ at all! and that leg is totally out on the side and he walks around in circles sometimes
I think I damaged him forever and now he’s in more pain because of me
I’m heartbroken and feel terrible
What can I do? I’ve posted a picture and I’ll try to upload a video now
PLEASE HELP ME

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 52
I would just let it be. Hatching is incredibly exhausting and they need a quiet day to recover and gain their strength. The leg could of been in an odd position in the egg too. Give it to Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom