Chick's leg!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fer-gar96, Sep 12, 2012.

1. fer-gar96

fer-gar96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2012
    South Texas
    I noticed that one of my baby chick was limping, i don't know whats wrong. Its right leg seems to be the problem because he dont want to step on it...
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Peepsicle

Peepsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2012
    Cali
    I don't know what is wrong, but our 3 month old buff orp pullet, sunny, is doing the same thing. If anyone gives you advice, please ask them to give me some advice. What we are doing is putting our chicken in a dog crate with her own food, water, and grit. The dog crate in in the coop though so that she can see and hear her friends. We are not sure what we will do when we lock then up for the night, though. I'll get back to you.

3. fer-gar96

Aug 17, 2012
    South Texas
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  4. Peepsicle

Aug 16, 2012
    Cali
    Ohh. and remember to put your chick in with it's best companion if you separate it from the rest, because they get really lonely.

btw, your chick is really cute. what kind is it? do you know if it's a boy or girl, and one last ?, does it have a name?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  5. fer-gar96

Aug 17, 2012
    South Texas
    Well i got them from a breeder and he told me they were a mixture between red sex-links, and buff orpingtons. I cant tell the sex yet ,but on the name part i still don't make one for him/her so if you guys got any ideas go ahead and tell me!!!!![​IMG]

6. Feel the leg for any breaks... If you don't feel anything wrong I'll give you an attachment to a forum of mine with a bad legged chick

7. Peepsicle

Aug 16, 2012
    Cali
    Post some more pics of him/her and I'll think of some good names!!

8. Peepsicle

Aug 16, 2012
    Cali
    HEH!!!!!!! I need more pics for names!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  9. Peepsicle

Aug 16, 2012
    Cali
    Ohhh. I forgot to mention. Fell your chick's thigh on its injured leg and compare it to its good leg. The muscle in the bad leg probably dissolved. Let your chick by with the others as long as he/shes not sick or has worms, and hopefully the muscle will build back up, like it Did w/ Sunny. Feed your chick fatty treats if it's losing weight, like greek yogurt (mixed or not with their food, also, your chick may not want to eat without his buddies, so share the yogurt), cat food, and don't forget the mealworms (live)!!!! (small ones for tiny fluff-ball babies, but their a bit expensive, so don't share them with the healthy chicks) Hopefully this will fatten your chick and make it happy. If you do this, than even if your chick doesn't make it, it will have lived a quality and happy life!!

10. fer-gar96

Aug 17, 2012
    South Texas
    This is just a follow up on this chick which we named Happy. Right now he/ she is doing just fine and is one of my favorite. Here are some pics of Happy. i still dint know if roster or chicken any one want to take a guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by