Chicks needed in Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Solsken Farm, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

We want beautiful eggs and friendly birds. Does anyone have some chicks we can buy in Central Maine? We just missed the Poultry show at the Windsor Fairgrounds on Sunday. boo hoo.

Or does anyone know where we can order a small selection from a hatchery? We only want 8 to 10 chicks and it seems McMurray and others won't send less than 25.

Thanks so much. [​IMG]

2. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Ideal hatchery has no minimum other than a $25 minimum. Great service.

3. Solsken Farm

Well thanks so much. Going to google them.

4. jag

jag Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Maine
    I have nine chicks I am willing to part with as darn cute as they are. [​IMG] They were our first hatch and they are a month old. The incubator has 19 more that will hatch out on June 2nd.

The chicks I have are mixed and not sexed. I have four that are a mix of my delaware hen and my blue laced red wyandotte rooster; mostly white with what looks to be the typical black speckles on the neck. They have 'blue laced' characteristics on their backs with creamy and gray feathers coming in. Then I have three black ones that I am not sure of...guessing that they are blue laced red wyandotte/silver laced wyandotte mixed. Two are looking like silver laced wyandottes and one is looking like a golden laced wyandotte. Then I have two that are red sex link and blue laced red wyandotte mixes and they are just looking like little blue laced cuties. They are a nice little flock!

I have eight good blue laced eggs in my incubator and would like to keep those, so I need to get rid of these ones....(or my husband....and I really think he should stay. [​IMG] )
    Anyone who's interested, just let me know!

Oh....and our rooster is the sweetest rooster! He doesn't like to be touched and picked up, granted...but he's a good boy! He finds treats for his girls, warns them of hawks and he's got a great disposition and all these babies mothers are excellent layers. Oh yeah...I am in Hampden.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  5. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Jag,
    I'm in Hermon, I would definitely like some chicks!!!! I have 6 that were hatched on April 26th, are yours that age? Ooooh, I'm so excited. Let me know.
    Lori

6. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Some one of Craiglist this past sunday had Barred Rock mixed chicks for sale. They are located in Fairfield if that is any help.

7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I have EE hatching on June 3 if you are interested.

Oh and I have a couple 4 week old Roos ready soon.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. Solsken Farm

Thanks folks. I did email the person in Fairfield, but have not heard back.

I am new to chickens. We have twp 4 week old mille fluers bantam pullets. Our roo died.[​IMG] So I am looking for brand new chicks for our kids to watch grow and feather.

mmajw, what are EEs?

9. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    EE are Easter Eggers, They are beautifully colored and will lay either a blue or green egg.

The Roos that I have are Black Sex-Link

I am sorry you missed the show on Sunday it was very nice. [​IMG]

10. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    horsegirl,
    I have 2 two week old RIR roosters that you could have one or both of for free. I have six kids so they're quite tame and used to being held![​IMG] I'm in Hermon, right on the bangor line. We currently have three roosters, not enough hens for all those boys! Just let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by