Chicks Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by g2smil, Apr 12, 2012.

1. g2smil

g2smil Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Looking to know if anyone in Northern Virginia wants to trade some chicks or purchase some chicks with me. Right now I have Buff Orpingtons and Golden Comets that I could trade. Looking to purchase some Easter Eggers if someone wants to share a purchase. Let me know!

2. silkiesnOTTBs

silkiesnOTTBs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    im located in nova as well... where are you ordering from?

3. g2smil

Apr 10, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    I was thinking of ordering some Easter Eggers from MyPetChicken or ChickensforBackyards. They aren't available until late May or June though.

4. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    you should come to our swap in martinsburg,Wv at the tractor supply on 4/21/12 8 am - noon or when everyone leaves.
    There will be Easter eggers, Olive Eggers and Lav am chicks, Blue Wheaten ams and more there.

5. silkiesnOTTBs

silkiesnOTTBs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    I have been to swaps at tractor supply before and have found that they don't have much to offer as far as show quality birds and goats. Anyone else feel this way?

6. g2smil

Apr 10, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up finding a local farmer who had some Ameracanas.

7. Jamyang

Jamyang New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    I'd like to buy two turkeys if you want to go in with someone...there's a Souther States in Purcellville that sells poults and pretty much everything you can think of.

8. Fleabyte

Fleabyte Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    Tulsa
    This is going to sound crazy, but I'm a backyard chicken person in Tulsa, and I'll be at Tyson's Corner for a conference in May. I'd like to purchase three or four chicks for the conference, then give them to another backyard chicken person after the conference. Having trouble locating chicks in northern Virginia that late in spring. I know it seems odd, but I really do have experience with chicks and chickens (and ducks). It would be three days.

My question is, do any of you know how to procure chicks in May in northern Virginia? And would anyone be interested in taking said chicks? I'd only have them three or four days and they'd be well cared for.

If you need my credentials, here's my blog: www.dogtreatweb.com, and here's a post with a couple of my newest babies at the bottom: http://dogtreatweb.com/dog-agility-trials-are-coming-to-tulsa/ or here: http://dogtreatweb.com/funny-bone-monday-14-weimaraner/
    I'll be flying and can't see any feasible way to safely get chicks home to Tulsa.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by