Chicks not here...yet. : o( ~

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by paganfish, Jan 24, 2008.

1. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    OK! So, I've been on pins and needles all night and onto this morning! Welp was suppose to ship the 50 chicks yesterday but it was SO wicked cold this morning (1 degree) and I've been fretting about it...calling the PO.

"No...no chicks yet, we'll call you SIR!"

Well, I finally broke down and called Welp since they hadn't charged my account yet, either!

"We did ship but it takes 2-3 days for arrival so, you could get them Friday or Saturday..."

[​IMG]

In a way I am relieved because it will be warm-ER after today but in a way...

...can't stand this!

[​IMG]

Thanks for letting me vent...I am a mess, I know! [​IMG]

Peace-

Pedro

PS I CAN'T WAIT!!! I got the brooder area all ready and sitting on my hands gets tiring!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I feel your pain because I know that's how I would be and DW would be hassling me about being so worried about the whole thing. Good luck and let us know when you get them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  3. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I know exactly what you mean. I had chicks shipped last year and we had a sudden ice storm so I was sick with worry.

Good luck on the chickies arriving soon !!! [​IMG]

Julie

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Oh - now you're not gonna sleep tonight either! :mad:

Did you ask your post office what time the truck comes in? You can go down and wait outside for the in-coming truck - you're sure to hear the peeping if your babies are in there.

5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Sorry, I posted on the OTHER thread. Maybe you will get a call first thing tomorrow to pick up your NOISY box! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by