1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks now old anough, sex's??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lottyloo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. lottyloo

lottyloo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Right these chicks were hatched 09.19.2010 and all pics were taken today (11.28.2010) [​IMG]

1) Im thinking is a pullet but the comb is a tiny bit bigger than the others that i think are pullets.??
    [​IMG]

2) A pullet??
    [​IMG]

3) Pullet, was born with the chipmunk stripe so definatly a pullet right?
    [​IMG]

4) Must be a roo? the size of that comb, he is the same age as the other chicks!!
    [​IMG]

5) Pullet?? (she has blue ears, how cute [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

6) Unsure, maybe a roo but not 100% sure.
    [​IMG]

7) Last but not least, a little pullet again??
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think and if my guess' sound about right... no.1 & 6 are the main ones i need to know.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I think that 4 and 6 are your roos. Looks like you have some silkie crosses there, between the blue earlobes and black skin... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  3. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking that 4. and 6. are cockerels( roosters) but I'm not sure. I think the rest are hens.. [​IMG] Cockerels have shorter wing feathers that are almost equal and pullets have unequal,longer wings. Hope that helps! [​IMG]

4. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I think they might be too old now for the wing feather length to give you a for sure answer though... [​IMG]

5. lottyloo

lottyloo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Thanks, thats not bad 5/7 pullets [​IMG].... after most of my young chickens turned into roo's earlier this year.
    I will see about the wing lenghth with some chicks next year, might be able to help me sexing them when they are a bit younger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by