Chicks on Parade....and a sneaky suspicion there is a Roo??!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TMDee, Jun 27, 2011.

1. TMDee

TMDee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Speyside, Scotland
    Got some more photos of chicks today - still on a quest to find out gender and breed!!

Am pretty sure Beyonce is a Lavender Pekin....and praying she is a girl!!

Angel - someone previously suggested OEGB?

Gingersnap is a wee darling - we had though it was a RIR but too many pretty markings...look familiar?

Last but not least.....Lilly......or should it be Larry?? Has suddenly sprouted a rather impressive comb - now 8 weeks and just had to separate him/her for being rather nasty and pecking [​IMG] My daughter is now calling it Mr Horn Head!!!

Again any suggestions on breed welcome [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Larry looks like a real nice lavender D'Uccle. But I'm no expert - I just have one just like him. [​IMG]

Beyonce is the perfect name for her!

Can't say about Gingersnap, because chicks can start out looking one way and totally feather out differently. Sorry!

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Quote:Larry doesn't have a beard or feathered legs, so he's not a D'uccle.

Is Gingersnap really 5 weeks old? She looks like she's about 1 week old. Should be way more feathered out by 5 weeks.

4. TMDee

TMDee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Speyside, Scotland
    I know - everyone says that! But we have had her for 3 weeks now....were told she was already 3 weeks old at the time but am thinking really she must just have been only 2 at least

Am also wondering if they grow slower in Scotland!! So many chicks on here all look a lot bigger [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by