Chicks or young hens wanted in CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wildeflowers, Aug 2, 2010.

1. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi, all. Well, our coop is nearly complete, and we'd like to add about 6 chicks to the flock. Ideally, I'd like some Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, Welsummers or Auracaunas, but I'm open to other breeds that are not too agressive. Looking only for hens as I already have a roo, and we're hoping to keep him, and hoping he'll be happy with a few more girls. [​IMG]

Would be willing to pick up in most of CT, all of RI, as well as Mid Mass. Chicks are spoiled by a loving mom (me) and 2 children that love giving treats and petting. Children prevent chickens from going into supper pot, as well. [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    Where in CT are you? I'm in NY, CT isn't far, I have BR, Wyadottes, and others.

3. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Well, I'm all the way on the other side of the state in Eastern CT, which is quite a hike from NY. HOWEVER, we are planning to be in the Hudson Valley for Columbus Day Weekend.

4. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    I have a buff orphington, buff wyandotte, white rock, and a couple of others. They are all just over a year old. I started thining my flock to what I really want and have some extra breeds. I'm in Putnam,Ct.

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I have btm araucana . I live 10 minutes from enfield , ct

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by