Chicks - Orps and Orp crosses -- very Picture Heavy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HorseFeatherz NV, Nov 19, 2009.

1. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Finally! Took a bunch of pictures yesterday, and took me forever to pick and choose, then upload – yadda yadda.

These are my Splash and Blue Orpington chicks (gumpsgirl’s Orp’s eggs). I have 4 Orp. chicks – three with their broody mom Blondie (Standard Cochin) and one in the house. My coop is not heated, and Blondie/chicks have been gone outside every day since they were a week old, they will be 6 weeks on Saturday. Ours nights dip down to 17 right now and daytime highs are between 40 and 60. I also have another Cochin (Sylvia) who is raising a clutch with the same hatch date living “outside” with Blondie/chicks. Each have a vari kennel they go into at night with their chicks. Sylvia’s chicks are 2 Orp/EE and 2 Orp/Cochin. One of the O/C chicks is in the house also.

Splash splash blue
    [​IMG]

Blondie n chicks
    [​IMG]

Gemma – blue orp
    [​IMG]

Splash orp 1
    [​IMG]

Splash orp 2, Gemma blue orp and Orpx chick
    [​IMG]

Playing with mom
    [​IMG]

Whole gang
    [​IMG]

Indoor chicks:

Box of roos (Marilyn Orp/EE, Lightfoot Orp/Cochin, Gumps Splash Orp)
    [​IMG]

So……think I’m a roo?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: New name for Splash roo, was Lefty now Gumps

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:I am absaloutly a sucker for pics you are a good photographer Blondie looks like a preety, good mom? and I think the last photo is a roo.

3. HorseFeatherz NV

Quote:Thank you very much for enjoying the pictures. Blondie really is a great mom - she herself is still a pullet (36 weeks old) but she is fantastic with her chicks and with Sylvia's chicks.

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Cute! [​IMG]

Thank you so much for posting pics of these little grandchicks! I love them! I do believe the 3 outside are definitely pullets and you're dead on with the cockerel indoors. [​IMG] They look great and Blondie looks like a fabulous mother! They are all adorable! [​IMG]

5. HorseFeatherz NV

Quote:Goodness gracious - three pullets - I can hardly contain myself! [​IMG] [​IMG] So with Gumpsgirls blessing, I have named the Splash cockerel - Gumps. I now need two "G" names for the Splash pullets outside.

They look so good thanks to you and your flock! Thank you

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Gabriella
    Gail
    Galina
    Gardena
    Garnet
    Gay
    Geneva
    Georgette
    Georgia